INFO & FAQS
Event admission is sold separately from carnival ride passes/tickets & games. Click here to purchase pre-sale tickets for event admission, which are required for entry into the venue.
It is YOUR responsibility to review all prohibited items (items which are NOT allowed into the venue). Please note, your safety is our #1 priority! Once prohibited items are confiscated, they will NOT be returned to you.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Please review Zero Tolerance Policy info outlining the standards and expectations of this Event for which all attendees, staff and volunteers will be held to.
We LOVE this beloved tradition. It’s called the Chili Cook Off after all! Please click here to learn more important info about our chili contest and get your taste buds ready!
Carnival tickets are sold SEPARATELY from event admission tickets. To learn more about the carnival rides/operations, please visit our carnival FAQs here.
Love to shred? Join us on-site for the 3rd Annual Johnny Strange Legacy Skate Contest! Learn more important info about the skate contest and all the awesome prizes in store.
To Learn About Current Covid-19 Protocol, Please Click Here
- Ride Alto, Go Metro
- Parking Lots: There is limited local parking. We strongly encourage ride share, or taking the Metro. See Parking Map.
- Parking is $20 via CASH only. *Ride share is HIGHLY suggested due to limited parking. Ride Share Drop off location: Malibu Library, 23525 Civic Center Way, Malibu, CA 90265
Please Keep In Mind:
- Event admission tickets are REQUIRED for entry and will NOT be sold on site. Carnival ride passes/tickets are sold SEPARATELY.
- There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Camera Policy: No commercial photography is allowed without a credential. Only iPhone/Android cameras are permitted. No disposable or polaroid cameras. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods, or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. The Event will not house equipment, do not bring on site if you have not been appointed an Event Media Credential. Malibu Chili Cook-Off media officials must clear all wireless equipment.
- Event terrain is poor for strollers.
- 24/7 video surveillance on-site.
- Guests who purchase an event admission ticket and do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
Free refillable water stations available on-site!
We encourage you to bring your EMPTY re-usable water bottles, canisters, etc. so that you stay hydrated using our free refillable water stations!
Q: When will event admission tickets be on sale?
Event admission tickets are available online only. They are NOW available. Pre-purchase them here.
Q: Can I pre-purchase carnival ride passes/tickets?
Carnival passes/tickets are sold separately from event admission. Yes, you can pre-purchase, click here!
Q: Is the Malibu Chili Cook-off 2022 for all ages?
Yes, all ages are welcome! Children 5 years old and under are free with a ticketed adult.
Q: Is there lockers available for rent?
Yes! Daily lockers are available on site for rent.
Q: Are there ins and outs?
There are NO ins and outs.
Q: Can I bring an empty water bottle?
Yes! We encourage you to bring your EMPTY re-usable water bottle to refill it at our water refill stations!
Q: What’s the camera policy?
No commercial photography is allowed without a credential. Only iPhone/Android cameras are permitted. No disposable or polaroid cameras. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods, or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. Malibu Chili Cook Off media officials must clear all wireless equipment.
Q: Can I bring my child?
Yes, it’s a family-friendly event and kids 5 and under are free with a ticketed adult! Please note, the event grounds are not stroller friendly.
Q: Do you have on-site Kid Care available?
Q: Are you accepting volunteers for the festival?
Yes! Learn more here.
Q: Will there be first aid on site?
Yes, first aid will be available, located at the entrance of the event.
Q: Will there be ATMs on site?
Q: Is there parking at the Chili Cook-off?
Q: Where do I go for lost and found?
Visit the Guest Services booth onsite, located at event entry at the front of the venue.
Q: Can I bring my pet?
Only ADA approved pets are allowed entry. Certified service dogs allowed. No emotional service animals allowed.
Q: Can I bring my comfort pet?
No. Only certified service dogs allowed. No emotional service animals allowed.
Q: Are single day tickets available?
Yes. Please remember, event admission tickets are REQUIRED for entry and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Q: I didn’t receive a confirmation of my purchase.
Contact support here.
Q: What type of credit card can I use to purchase passes?
Any major credit cards.
Q: What is the price for an event admission ticket? Is there a discount for going multiple days?
$15 (pre-sale) for a single day, $20 for a single day (day of). Yes, there is a discounted 4-day weekend pass for $55. (All tickets are subject to taxes/fees)